Our clients often find it useful to have a scriptwriting option. You might have heard the saying ‘never outsource your scriptwriting’. The reason why they say that is because an outsider will never know your business as well as you do. We believe that last part is true, but for all your expertise in your own business, writing a script for a video is a very different skill and requires a different kind of expertise. That’s why we offer our scriptwriting service under our optional extra elements, which costs just £50 per minute of video.
How we write scripts for our videos
We aren’t going to write your script by ourselves in isolation, that isn’t going to give the best results. To get the best script possible, we work with you in collaboration to present your concept in the most effective way.
First we need you to complete a creative brief and send us any other material or guidance you want us to take into account. Then we’ll write a first draft of your script. We will send this to you for feedback and comments and then revise the draft until we are both happy with it. You can change anything you like, and we can discuss different ideas and how to present them. We only move on to the next stage when you’re happy that the message is clear enough and we’re happy that the script will work well for a whiteboard animation.
Top tips for video scriptwriting
Why don’t we just give you all the knowledge you need to know so you can write your own script? It isn’t always that simple, but if you are looking to write your own script, here are our best pieces of advice in less than 140 characters.
- The average voiceover artist will speak 150 words per minute.
- Write what your audience needs to know, not what you want to tell them.
- Write in plain English, it’s better to be clear than to try to be clever.
- Always focus on the benefits of your product, not the features.
- Tell a story with your ideal customer as the main character, so they can relate.
- Always read your script out loud to a friend to see if it makes sense.