25 Tweetable Tips to Help You Achieve Video Marketing Success
The road to getting started with video marketing is full of barriers.
The best way to overcome these challenges and reap the benefits of video marketing is to charge ahead full speed, make mistakes fast and learn from them faster, but that’s much easier said than done. While we produce animated marketing videos for our clients, we still understand the hurdles that stand in the way of most companies enjoying the video marketing opportunities, we also face them in our own marketing.
We want to learn together how to best get started with video marketing, so we’ve gathered some of our favourite video marketing tips together to get you thinking and tweeting. Which ones stand out to you as the most important tips? Feel free tweet your favourites:
Tweetable tips to help you conquer video marketing:
1. There is much more to video marketing than just YouTube – Tweet this tip!
2. Use your videos in different contexts to maximise the return on investment, where appropriate – Tweet this tip!
3. Send your customers video messages directly, it makes a great personal connection – Tweet this tip!
4. Use anything to make video, even your webcam, just focus on clear audio and good lighting – Tweet this tip!
5. Always end your videos with a clear call-to-action to guide your viewers to the next step – Tweet this tip!
6. Begin your videos with a hook, or you might lose 20% of viewers in the first 5 seconds – Tweet this tip!
7. Analyse your video performance and re-edit as necessary, always be testing and improving – Tweet this tip!
8. Have a mix of simple, cheap and easy videos as well as more polished professional videos – Tweet this tip!
9. Cut your video content down without mercy, don’t make your message any longer than it NEEDS to be – Tweet this tip!
10. End your videos with something entertaining, put your loyal viewers in a good mood and they’ll remember you – Tweet this tip!
11. Website videos create a personal connection that no paragraphs of text could ever achieve – Tweet this tip!
12. Don’t host all your videos on YouTube by default, own your videos, make them live on your website, not YouTube – Tweet this tip!
13. Don’t try to make perfect videos, just start today and enjoy a quick learning curve – Tweet this tip!
14. Don’t just make videos without goals, that’s bad marketing, give your videos a purpose – Tweet this tip!
15. Put a branded intro/outro on your videos, it makes them much more professional – Tweet this tip!
16. Blog posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts – Tweet this tip!
17. Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video – Tweet this tip!
18. Use post-roll email gates on your videos to subscribe loyal viewers to your email list – Tweet this tip!
19. Make every video twice and A/B test to find the most effective version, what have you got to lose? – Tweet this tip!
20. Set yourself a video publishing schedule like you would for a blog, and stay motivated! – Tweet this tip!
21. Make your marketing videos natural and authentic. People can tell when you’re putting on an act – Tweet this tip!
22. Record everything at events, around the office, everything. A library of footage is a great asset – Tweet this tip!
23. Mix live videos with screencaptures and animations, the different styles keep things fresh – Tweet this tip!
24. Get your customers to generate some video content for you, it will add a different kind of value – Tweet this tip!
25. Set and track measurable goals for your videos, how else will you know if they are successful? – Tweet this tip!
Got any other tips for us? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!